Friday, November 2, 2012

Rolling Stones Rolling In It.

This might offend hardened, never say die Stones addicts or, how high can we fly, stoned addicts for that matter.

So let's get one thing straight. I like the Rolling Stones, and am fascinated, if not amazed, by the fact that they are all still alive I own a lot of their records and really think that their image is  something else.I also think 'Honky Tonk Women ' is a pop masterpiece, and that ' Satisfaction', is a great pop song.

In the sixties you, sort of, had to like them, because if you didn't, you weren't hip, as the jargon was then.. You were boring; you were straight; you were the very worst thing to be of all, a square.Nobody wanted to be like a box, so I suspect a lot of people said they liked them, when , in truth, they didn't.

Their image was their main claim to fame in the early days. They were, from the start, portrayed as anti-establishment .

Here is John Lennon's take on that, in a Rolling Stone interview he did in 1971.

" I resent the implication that the Stones are like revolutionaries and that the Beatles weren't".

I couldn't agree more. I also found it laughable that the Stones could be considered as good as the Beatles.To my mind they weren't in the same universe, musically, lyrically, or in any other way.There was no way you could compare them to the ' fab four'.

The Stones claimed to be the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world. The claim itself is extraordinary as most of their songs were not rock'n'roll.

Their first three hit singles- ' Come On', ' I wanna Be Your Man ' and  ' Not Fade Away', it could be argued were  reaching out to rock'n'roll, but after that ? ' Get Off My Cloud ', ' 19th Nervous Breakdown', 'Lady Jane' . 'We Love You '. were hardly good examples of rocking and a rolling.

The greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world? No question: Creedance Clearwater Revival.

This is what I think happened. The Beatles came, saw and conquered, and the establishment were not ready for this. They knew that these four young men could really change the way people think, so they looked round for an antidote and found it in the Stones.They told the newspapers and all the main media outlets to promote them like hell and they did. I think there was more coverage on the Stones, in the sixties, than there was on the Beatles.They were promoted as anti- establishment which, of course, was rubbish.

What anti- establishment song was ever wriiten by Jagger and Richards ?I can't think of one .

The Elite wanted this band promoted because it suited their agenda. The Stones were into hard drugs, and this is what the evil power masters wanted the young to use; cannabis was a very small part of the Beatles message and this was a grave danger to the powers that be, as it opened eyes that were once very tightly closed.

I remember the absurd fuss that was made when the Stones released their song ," Let's Spend The Night Together ". which had all the media up in arms in horror saying  that this song, is actually about two people who are planning to have sex .I mean, shock horror, what a thought !.Well, where were the media when,'Fever' came out, or' Temptation', or' Making Whoopee '.or,' One Night". to name just a few songs that caused no comment at all when they came out in  far more  sexually - repressed times.

 So why make such a fuss when the Stones  sing a very simple song about sex. Jagger even told reporters that it wasn't about sex at all, but about two people talking all night. He was scared that the song would be banned.

And I remember headline news of the four Stones taking a pee in a road. Wow, I mean, how revolutionary can you get ?.That was headline news in every British paper !

Who knows , maybe some black suit visited Mick and Keith one day and told them to keep singing their safe little songs while pretending to be rebels and we will make sure you will always be stinking rich.

They certainly are filthy rich and what's more, keep wanting to be in the same league as the Rothchilds.Mind you, that'a impossible.

How much are they charging for their shows  this year, when most people are struggling to get through each month because of the new game the elite want us to play ?

The cheapest tickets are 90 pounds and the most expensive are 950 pounds.

Another strange thing that always baffled me was that Mick Jagger was a student at an establishment where  most students end up as the pillars of the establishment. He was at the London School Of Economics. A strange place for a ' rock' star to have been.

Here is John Lennon  again talking in his interview with the Rolling Stone in1971

He is talking about the Rolling Stones.

" I think it's a lot of hype. I like' Honky Tonk Women', but I think Mick's a joke with all that fag dancing. I always did.I enjoy it I'll probably go and see his films and all, like everybody else, but really , I think it's a joke ."

John continued," I would like to just list what we did and what the Stones did two months on every f- album. on every f-  thing we did, Mick does exactly the same- he imitates us.And I would like one of your f-  underground people to point it out.You know, ' Satanic Majesties' is ' Pepper'.

" We love you is the most f-- bullshit; that's ' All You Need Is Love '.

Need I say more ?




No comments:

Post a Comment