Saturday, July 21, 2018

Imagine You're In A Picture.


Free Stock Photo of Archipelago 4 in High Resolution

I m a g i n e                    Y o u ' r e                    I n                    A                    P i c t u r e.
Like the one here.

Look at it; can you imagine jumping into it, and
finding yourself in such a wondrous place.

Such a wondrous place is, in fact, in the lovely Greek Island , Aegina.

This is what this blog post is about; not about the Island, but about jumping into pictures.

I must admit that I have not really understood what happened a few days ago when I was walking through the main town of Aegina.

But something did which is hard to explain.

And  it all came about because  I used my imagination in a very creative way.I'm not trying to brag here; it's just , by chance, I played a game that had very surprising results.

There I was on a sweltering hot July day going to a local shop to buy a few provisions,.It was, or so I thought, a normal sort of day. I was in a good mood, with no particular nagging worries to bug me. I was walking along a street I had walked along hundreds of times before, but somehow my step was lighter that day. It was like  I had a spring in my step.

I suddenly stopped stock still, and simply looked with complete awareness at my surroundings.

Luckily there was no one else around, because people don't normally suddenly stop while they are going somewhere. But I did.

I realised that, although I had walked here so many times before, I had never noticed so many things.

That little bush by the side of the road, had been invisible until today. The church steeple looming up into the sky,surely had not been there before ?

And the sky. It was so vibrant and blue.

There was no breeze or wind at all, and I imagined that I was looking at a picture in a book.

As I wrote in a previous post , when I was a child , I used to long to jump into those glorious pictures in
Rupert Bear Annuals, but, of course , I never could.

That's not strictly true, as I could in my dreams.

I then pretended that I was looking at a picture. A picture I would love to jump into and be part of. A picture that would come to life, where I would be in it.

So that is what I did. I continued walking, but now everything was different, everything had changed; it was like the scenery was that much more alive, and somehow, it was simply a joy to be here in this magical picture that I  was part of.

I really felt that I had created this picture for the simple pleasure of it being here.

It was a truly wonderful experience that is hard to describe in words, as words cannot explain that which doesn't need words to be described; words restrict our understanding.

I surrendered to the experience,and relished each step I took, looking down at the grey concrete, which before had been ignored by me, now seemed such a marvellous manifestation.

So mundane, and yet so beautiful.

I was now getting near the shop where I was going to buy some food, and remembered I had to buy Cat food as well as Tea and Coffee.
I quickly checked my pocket to see that I had enough money. After a quick calculation I realised that I had put a ten Euro note into my pocket instead of 20.

I didn't care though.Would it really matter if I had to walk all the way back and get some more money.
No, it wouldn't; it was so great just being in this picture

I started to turn back with a smile on my face.

As I did my eye caught sight of a  coloured bit of paper on the ground.

I bent down to take a closer look.
I picked it up.
It was a 20 Euro note

So, I asked myself later, what had happened ?

I don't know, but I can only think  that my little game of pretending that I was in a picture, was a lot nearer the real ground of being, and the joy I felt throughout the walk tuned into the 'I AM' which we all are, and
a manifestation took place before my eyes.


Mike Selley. .

.

No comments:

Post a Comment