Sunday, September 16, 2012

Quotes For Our Time

smiley face simple red1.Wish I knew who made this one up; " A priest, a rabbi and a vicar walk into a bar.The barman says," Is this some kind of a joke ?"

2." We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love and then we return home ".
Australian Aboriginal Proverb.

3"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. "
Martin Niemoller.

4".You can dam a stream and you can dam a river but you can't dam a tidal wave."
David Icke.

5." All great truths begin as blasphemies."
George Bernard Shaw.

6." Disobedience , in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and rebellion "
Oscar Wilde.

7." Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves."
Henry David Thoreau.

8." The ink of the scholar is holier than the blood of the martyr. ".
Prophet Mohammad.

9." To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise "
Voltaire.

Do you know that there is only one little country that gets very upset if you dare to criticise it.  ?

10."I've just been on a once-in-a lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again ".
Tim Vine.


No comments:

Post a Comment