Sunday, June 24, 2018

Rupert Spira And Rupert Bear

Rupert Spira And Rupert Bear.

The other day I was on YouTube looking for another Rupert Spira video.His videos , by the way,are excellent, and he is obviously enlightened.
By the fruit ye shall know the tree!

His take on, for want of better words,  the spiritual path is different from many others as he forces us gently to examine our own experiences and then see the obvious truth of what he is saying.

But this post is not meant to be about Rupert Spira ( I'll certainly write a post about him soon, as he deserves to be promoted ), but , strangely enough, about Rupert Bear.

You see, while I was looking for the enlightened  one, a Rupert Bear video suddenly sprung on the screen.

The next thing  I knew I was watching it.

Talk about getting easily distracted !

Like millions of others I adored those Rupert Bear Annuals as a child.
I remember I used to stare  fascinated by that truly green greenery of the fields where Rupert played
and had his wonderful adventures.

I longed to jump in the pages and walk through those inviting meadows, and to live in that world.

Anyway, back to the present, or should  I say the now.

I thought I'd watch a couple of minutes of the video, but after two minutes, I knew I had to watch it till the end.

It was escapism at its very best.It took me a million miles from my everyday worries, into a world where everything, or anything, is possible.

So, for a while,everyday, I watched a different Rupert Bear video as there are a lot  on youtube.

What outlandish plots the stories have with the mad  professor and his  inventions, the king of the birds, the world of games, the cloud stealers, the snow stealers, and so on.

What absurd joy!!

At the start of each episode Rupert climbs over a wooden fence in his garden, and jumps down into that magical green land.I don't know why he always climbs over the fence, because in the books he used to go out from the front gate.
Never mind; let's not get pedantic.

He then walks in this wonderland.

I don't know who drew the face of Rupert in thee cartoons, but, whoever did, was a genius.I tried to find out his name, but couldn't.

In the opening sequence Rupert's expression is one of great enthusiasm and anticipation. His eyes look at you with a look that says ' This is great; I know I'm going to enjoy myself; I love being alive '.

A look of extreme gratitude for simply being.

This is lesson number one for all of us.

The adventure (and , my goodness, when he has an adventure, it's a good one), then starts soon after.

Within minutes he might find himself sucked into a time portal and then back in Nutwood  500 years ago.
Or, he might meet Jack Frost who tells him  someone has stolen all the snow, or discover that the North, South, West and East winds have been captured.
It's all mind -expanding stuff.
Imagine watching this on dope!!
 What strikes me though is the way the little bear handles all the stuff thrown at him.
It doesn't matter if he is captured, thrown into a dungeon, or is in a plane, ( made by the mad Professor) that is out of control, he remains dead cool.

His friends, who are often with him get scared. But Rupert ? No way.
He doesn't seem to know what fear is.
He has supreme confidence and faith in life that everything will turn out fine, no matter how dire the situation is.
And, of course, it does,with Rupert returning  to his lovely cottage, and his mother asking him if he had a good time. No matter how awful the situation was he always replies ' yes.'

He trusts life.

Lesson number two; we should trust life.
Yes, I know it's just a cartoon, but I can , and I am sure you can, get a message from these childish
little pictures.

Yer,yer, it's a cartoon for kids, but maybe after watching Rupert Spira, I see it in a different way.

Rupert Spira says with authority, that are true selves are pure awareness, and that this pure awareness is infinite, but for pure awareness  to experience a finite world, the Universe was created .
We are vehicles of infinite awareness who experience a finite world.

Once we realise that we are free from the false  sense belief that creates all our troubles, that is a lie, and that we are, in fact,infinite,were never born and will never ( our biggest fear of all ) die, life becomes a very different game.

If you area Christian it is the God within you.

If you are a Buddhist it is the Buddha within you.

And trusting in this true nature of being will transform your life.

I had a few challenges over the last few years, and I am sure you have as well.
I surrendered and trusted in life; the problems I had were I believe solved by that higher being- the real you-  the real me.

It takes a tremendous leap of faith to sacrifice your ego, and surrender to the power of the Universe, but once you see the remarkable results, your faith goes  stronger and stronger .

You can sense the Infinite Awareness is really, really the real you.

Mike Selley.



No comments:

Post a Comment