Monday, June 3, 2013

How To wake Up From Your Fevered Dream. Chapter 21.





How To Wake Up From Your Fevered Dream. Chapter 21.

If you accept as true, that your everyday life is just as much a dream as the ones you have when you are asleep, this should open the door to an interesting experiment.
I have stated in an earlier chapter of this book that according to Jung, dreams are seen as projections of parts of the self that have been ignored, rejected or suppressed.He thought every person in the dream represented an aspect of the dreamer.
Fritz Perls went further to say that even inanimate objects in the dreams may represent aspects of the dreamer.The dreamer may be asked to imagine being an object in the dream to describe it, in order to bring into awareness the characteristics of the object that correspond with the dreams personality.

What insights would come to light if  in your everyday eyes open dream you saw everything around you, including inanimate objects as projections of parts of you ?

Your eyes shut dreams are full of symbols.Seeing a snake in a dream could mean wisdom.On the other hand ,it could mean danger or deceit, or temptation.Those into Freud would see it as a male sexual organ.

As you can see it can be difficult to interpret the symbols.
It's quite amazing when you think about it that you are making up these images, yet you don't know what they mean.The reason you don't know what they mean is because they are made up  (by you) in your subconscious, and you don't  have access to this part of your mind.

Back to the experiment where you view everything around you in your everyday dream as projections of you or symbols that are trying to tell you something. I have to warn you that this is not easy. It's just as hard as trying to read what your night dreams are telling you, if not, for some reason, harder.

I'll give you an example from my own life. I have for some reason got eight cats. They just wandered into my life and home over the last few years.They are adorable creatures; great company and highly entertaining. They are also  very  intelligent, as they all try and open doors by jumping up to the door handles and hitting them with their paws!

Now  if ,in my eyes shut dream , I had eight cats, it would certainly mean something. So, in this eyes open dream, it must mean something too.But what?

If you consulted a dream dictionary, you would find many different interpretations.For example, one claims that it means creativity and an independent spirit, whereas another one says they mean bad luck, and yet another says it means someone is telling you lies!

So let's try and make this easier.I believe that in your daily life all the time signs and symbols are shown to you for your benefit, but we hardly ever notice them.We don't notice them because we are so wrapped up in our thoughts of the past or of the future.That is why it is important to live in the now.By living in the now you are aware.Being aware you should notice the signs and symbols around you.

I'll give you an example.Someone I know, who is a qualified chef , hadn't got a job, and was thinking about not going back to the restaurant business.One day  after getting up she turned the T.V on. She would normally watch the news, but for some reason, probably because the news  had been full of depressing stuff recently, she decided not to watch the news, so she flipped channels .

She found herself watching a programme on cooking, and this made her realize how much she enjoyed cooking. Later in the day she happened to meet someone she knew .They started talking, and her friend told her, in no uncertain manner, that her future should be as a chef., and that she was foolish to consider other options. Suddenly she realized, without a doubt that this was what she really wanted to do.
I should mention that the girl in question , on that particular day, was strongly living in the now.
Now we come to the interesting, amazing part of this true story.

It was a hot day, and about five minutes later she popped into a restaurant to buy an ice cream to take outside.Not all restaurants allow you to do this, but this one did, She got talking about this and that to the restaurant owner,not once mentioning that she was a chef, when the owner suddenly said that she was desperate for a chef, as the last one had walked out yesterday.

My friend obviously got the job! If she hadn't seen the T.V programme earlier in the day and had  ignored what the lady on the street had said, I am sure that none of what followed would have happened.

Another example: Early in the morning one day, I opened my front door, to be greeted by a  huge dead rat right outside the door!It was a present from one of my cats for me. How on earth there are any rats near here is a mystery to me, as I would imagine eight cats would scare them away. None the less there was this mighty looking rat lying there at my feet.
What happened that day? I won't go into details, but I can tell you It was truly a lousy day;
 everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

The rat was obviously a warning to me that nasty things were going to hit the fan.

I'm not saying that if you found a rat outside your door the same would happen to you,as a rat to you might mean something else.

Here is another more pleasant example. One day, my next door neighbour  gave me a bag absolutely full of oranges and lemons, completely out of the blue. I thought it was very sweet of her. I laid the fruit out in a bowl and placed the bowl on my kitchen table. I remember thinking how great it looked.

About an hour later I got an e mail telling me that someone was sending me a nice sum of money, and this also was totally out of the blue!
Do you get my drift. The fruit was a sign, a symbol of good fortune, whereas the rat was a sign of bad fortune. I suspect that we are given signs such as these all the time, but ignore them.

If you stay living in the now though, you should become aware of them

Try and see if you can find signs in your own life.It really can be quite fun.
That is the end of chapter 21. The next chapter will follow shortly..

No comments:

Post a Comment