Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Neil Sedaka And Positive Thinking .

red zinnia flower - free high resolution photo





I don't know how I came to be watching an interview with Neil Sedaka on you tube, but, there you are I was. I'm not exactly an avid fan, but I admire his songwriting talent, and his rather unusual voice .He is also excellent on the piano. Breaking Up is Hard To Do, Calendar Girl, Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen are, to my mind, great pop songs.

I often find myself stumbling across new,  videos of pop stars who were big in the sixties. I suspect I just want to see how they look nowadays; how well or badly they have aged, and whether they can still sing.

The most interesting part of Sedaka's interview was what he said he used to do as a child.

He told the guy interviewing him that he would get his record collection of pop songs, and on every record, he would erase the name of the singer on the label, and replace it with his own name written on the hit records.He said he did this because he wanted to see what his name would look like on a hit record.

Within a few years he was a famous pop star.

Well, talk about the power of suggestion or sympathetic magic!

This brings me to the following piece which is based on an article in the Daily Mail on 9.6.2012.

The Psychologists at the University Of Victoria, New Zealand claim that thinking positively about something really might make it happen. They claim the following.

"Once we anticipate a specific outcome will occur, our subsequent thoughts and behaviour will actually bring the outcome to fruition."

They go on to say;" Simply anticipating something good can make hidden circuits in the brain drive you towards it."

Those of you who have read The Secret or I Create Reality should already know this, but it is unusual for the mainstream players, in this case, Psychologists, to come out straight and support such theories.

It seems to be getting more and more obvious that our thoughts play a far more important role in our future than most people are aware of.

I wonder how many others, like Neil Sedaka, did similar acts when they were children .Perhaps interviewers should make a point in asking them, if they did similar things to Sedaka .I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that a lot of them engaged in some form of suggestion, or sympathetic magic, without realizing they were doing so.

I suspect that a child who practises secrets from I Create Reality or The Secret would easily achieve results,  because they haven't got as much clutter in their brains as adults have, and they are'purer' in their attitude and thinking .

No comments:

Post a Comment